Saturday, August 14, 2010

Check the expiration date. On everything.

Not that I was shamefully counting change out when my credit card was declined, or anything. (It was flagged for 'strange' use and the call didn't come by the time I was out!)

Sit down with a glass of lemonade, and call each and every company you interact with. Before you move. Way before. Ask to add another address, change the main address, check phone numbers, etc. If you can, add a backup address/number so that if you are unavailable, someone you trust can verify things.

Even if you're not moving soon, MAKE A LIST! Which things need to be updated? Credit cards, debit cards, pensions, that aunt who sends you a card every Christmas?...

Even if you take care of ONE single call each day...in a million years, you will be done. I think. It's a start, anyway.

Good weekend, everyone, I'm off eat some cereal as my midnight snack and watch TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment